Not-another-thing-to-remember: Praying for my oldest son

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Praying for my oldest son

My oldest son has decided to go in to the Air Force. He would really like to be a Pararescueman, and is taking it very seriously. He has already begun to train even though it may be months away from testing. I've never seen him so determined and excited, and, because of that, I will support him 100%.

Sure, it's never easy to let our children go, but knowing this is what he really feels he's supposed to do with his life makes me feel good. In fact, I'm completely at peace about it...something I never imagined I would be. I'm very close to my kids and though I hate the day is coming soon where we will live far apart, I'm so happy they are happy.

Because he will have to perform so many difficult tasks that have to do with swimming, I've made it my goal to get up early in the morning before work and go swim and pray for him as I'm swimming. I love the fact that we can communicate with the Lord even while exercising. It really makes me pray very specifically for him and his endurance as I'm struggling to swim harder and faster than my body wants to go.

I'm so proud of you, son. Keep up the good work and the tough training!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add Snippets to your site