Not-another-thing-to-remember: Life is changing...

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Life is changing...

It's not every day that someone in their late 30's would tell you they are going in to the military, but that's exactly what my husband will be doing! After much prayer and seeking the Lord's will for our lives, my husband responded to the call to be a Chaplain in the United States Army. He will attending a three month Chaplain Officer Basic Leadership Course in South Carolina, and then we will move to Fort Lewis, Washington State. I think we are still a bit in shock that this is really happening!

Sunday was one of the hardest days of our lives as we informed our church, where he has been pastoring for almost seven years. It was very sad, but we knew God was with us and the love and support from our congregation was tremendous! We have a very loving fellowship and will miss them so much. We are ALL walking this path by faith and trusting God to work out His perfect will for all our lives.

Some days it doesn't seem real that we are packing up and selling our home, leaving our two college age kids, leaving our families, church, my friends at work and moving far, far away. ONLY God could get us to do that, trust me! So many thoughts and emotions flood my heart and mind. I often wonder what it will be like, then other times I am pinching myself to see if I am awake!

I am tired. We've been working hard to put our house up for sale. We put the sign in the yard last night so I guess it's official. We've worked late into the evening every night, but tonight we are taking a break since I'm taking the day off tomorrow to work on the house. My friends at work took it pretty hard, as do I when I think about leaving them. I thank the Lord that I want to cry when I think about it...some people would jump for joy to leave their company, but I count it a blessing that I have had such a wonderful experience working for an awesome company. I pray I can continue to work remotely in some capacity.

We feel very blessed to be serving the Lord in this capacity, and ask for your prayers as we step out in a new direction.

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, 21 March, 2007, Blogger Paulette said...

sigh......
so sad........
so happy for you......
But hey there is always Christmas!!!!
And.... Actually you aren't leaving your college kids cause they left first!!
So on a positive note, We are family so we have to see each other sometime, man I love you guys and I guess I'am in shock too.

 
At Friday, 30 March, 2007, Blogger Bttrfly1976 said...

That is so huge. I can't fathom what I would do in that position. I am inspired by your family's faithfulness, no matter what. You'll be in my prayers!

 
At Sunday, 01 April, 2007, Blogger Whitney said...

I love you both. Your faithfulness is such an inspiration and example to me and I hope that when I have a family that I will remember and instill all of the qualities that you have taught me to my children.
Hey, check out www.whitneyburton.com!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add Snippets to your site