Not-another-thing-to-remember: Time with the College Kids

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Time with the College Kids

This weekend I'm at UNT spending time with my daughter. Her oldest brother couldn't stand that he was missing out on the fun so he drove from his college in Commerce, straight from work at the movie theatre late last night, to spend time with us. We stayed up until 3 something in the morning...I'm not used to this college life, but I did okay. Payback though...I made them get up early with me...early for them anyways...9:30 a.m.

I love this part of my life. I didn't quite know how I would do, or how I would feel, but I'm happy! I enjoy being a college mom...visiting my kids in their own apartments, and meeting their new friends and seeing how much fun they seem to have together. Everyone seems to be doing good with the adjustments. The twins are enjoying the house to themselves, and even help clean the house every day. Our son will transfer to UNT in the summer so we're all really looking forward to having them at the same college! He doesn't care a whole lot for Commerce, and I can't blame him. College life seems a lot more exciting in Denton!

Well, we're off to BJ's to eat what my daughter says is the best pizza around...we'll see!

3 Comments:

At Saturday, 03 February, 2007, Blogger Whitney said...

Thanks for coming to spend time with me this weekend mom. It was so much fun and such a blessing, who goes to church with their mom just to spend some quality time with their Savior.I hope we can only grow closer even with me being further away. I love you so much! Tell dad I said hello, I miss him and I love him!

 
At Sunday, 04 February, 2007, Blogger Laura said...

It was AWESOME pizza!

 
At Wednesday, 07 February, 2007, Blogger Jenny said...

I was wondering. About the pizza, I mean. So glad to hear how YOU are too, though. I can feel the smile from you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add Snippets to your site