Not-another-thing-to-remember: Song from the Lord

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Song from the Lord

A few weeks ago I was spending time away with my daughter and I woke up one morning and began journaling. The next thing I knew I had a song in my head, not one anyone had written but one the Lord had given me. You won't be able to hear the melody, but here are the words:

Help me, Lord, to seek Your face.
Help me, Lord, to not disgrace
The very one whose life He gave
That I might live my life by faith.

I sang it to our praise team the next day and they loved it so we sang it altogether. Then as we were singing, our pianist just started playing it. It was so beautiful with all the harmony! The next Sunday I was typing it on PowerPoint so we could sing it in church and this verse came to me. It goes like this:

Give me strength to turn to You,
To seek Your will and live for You,
To walk by faith and not by sight,
To live a life that shines Your light.

As we sang the second verse, I looked over to find one of the ladies on our praise team crying and immediately knew why the Lord gave me that second verse that morning. God never ceases to amaze me. He meets us right where we are at just the right moment.

Thank you, Lord, for your love. Thank you for putting a song in my heart! I give you all the praise! Thank you for music and the joy that comes from praising You with singing. You alone are worthy of praise and you alone put a song in my heart. I want to shout it on high that YOU ARE MY GOD AND KING!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add Snippets to your site