Not-another-thing-to-remember: Letting go, and letting God...

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Letting go, and letting God...

This week I was insulted and it really bothered me. If fact, I've thought about it a lot over the last few days. This morning I woke up early, wanting to spend some time with the Lord. Guess where he ended up taking me in his word? To a scripture that says, "The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me." I started out in Proverbs and ended up over in Romans, and in His gentleness, God said to me, "Give them to me, let me have those insults, you don't have to carry that around with you today!" So, I did. I pictured myself with a cloth bag, taking those insults and placing them in the bag and laying them at the feet of Jesus, thanking him for bearing my burdens, watching him pick them up and throw them over his shoulder.

Thank you, Lord, for carrying my burdens today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add Snippets to your site