Not-another-thing-to-remember: How do you see God?

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

How do you see God?

This precious little girl standing in front of my husband at his commissioning service, giving him a card, thinks he is God. Her mother used to tell me what she would say, but then we started to hear it for ourselves. She's never been able to convince her otherwise...

Here's a few of the things she has said that keep us all laughing...it's so cute!

One Sunday she and her mom were walking past "Pastor Kevin" (that's what she keeps telling her daughter) when she told her mom she was going to say hi to God. My husband, not hearing her say that, asked her, "How are you this morning, little girl?" (as he patted her on the head). She ran back to her mom and said, "God talked to me!"

A week or so later I was walking by, with my husband a few steps behind me, and heard her tell her mom she was going to say hi to God. I just giggled and watched as her eyes brightened as she approached him. This time we filled my husband in on the news that she thought he was God, to which he replied, with a laugh, "I wondered why she always looks up at me that way!"

Still, no matter how much anyone tries to tell her he's not God it doesn't work.

A few weeks ago, her older sister came back in after church had dismissed and wanted to know more about what it meant to be a Christian and asked Jesus into her heart. I was out in the hall packing away some things when someone asked her where her older sister was. To which she replied, "Talking to God!" It was so matter of fact...

Knowing we are leaving soon, the mom has tried so hard to help her understand that he is not God and a new pastor will be coming in soon. All of us hope she will soon understand so she doesn't think God is leaving her...what a terrible thing that would be!!

Last story I have. This Sunday she saw my husband, Army uniform and all, and asked him "How did you get here?" He replied, "in my truck!" With her eyes as wide as could be and an expression that would melt your heart, she replied, "YOU have a truck?"

She is so cute and I only wish you could see her face in this picture. As you can see, she melts his heart!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add Snippets to your site