Not-another-thing-to-remember: Treasured Moments

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Treasured Moments

I'm sitting here with my oldest son's head on my shoulder. I love that he's never been too old to love on his mom. Yesterday we were at my in laws and we were relaxing on the back porch when he crawled up in my chair and laid his head down on me and just sat there for about 30 minutes. I cherish those moments...especially now that I know it can't be that way forever. He's my first-born and I've loved every minute of the last nineteen years of raising him. I couldn't feel more blessed that God chose me to raise him!

In just a few short months he will serving in the Air Force. I'm so proud of him! I know this is something he feels very strongly that the Lord would have him do with his life and I admire him for making the choice to follow wherever the Lord leads. His home-made card to me thanked me for supporting him and all I could think was no, thank you for allowing me the opportunity to love on and support you. He's such an awesome young man and I don't for one moment take for granted the relationship I have with him.

I will miss him more than words could ever express!

Karl, thank you for being such a wonderful son. For being such a joy to raise! You make me so proud and I love you more than you will ever know! I know you will have a HUGE impact on those you come into contact with in the military. Thank you for being a willing instrument to be used in God's hands. I pray He will guard your life and bring you joy and happiness in your new adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add Snippets to your site