Not-another-thing-to-remember: A day away from the office does the body good!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A day away from the office does the body good!

For two days this week the three men I work for are out of town, and last night I decided to email one of them to ask for the day off since they were away and I REALLY needed to give my home some attention. I was so thrilled when he replied, "Sure, have fun! :)" I must say, they are a joy to work for...always grateful for the things I do and doing nice things for me!

I decided not to tell my husband until he woke up and turned over to find that I was still there at 6:45 a.m., and it has been a wonderful day. I've been cleaning the house while listening to one of my favorite praise CD (Jari Kobe) and just praising the Lord all the while, I had lunch with a friend and my husband, and just stopped to write for a little while and read my bible. It's hard for me to take time for myself, it doesn't come real naturally for me, but over the last year or so I've realized it's important and good for me.

I love, even if it's just for a few hours, to just get some time to myself. It's sort of strange, but when I do I sense God more in those moments. I think more clearly, and am able to love people more. I think when we're tired we tend to forget what is important to us, and focus too much on ourselves and our wants...when the remedy might just be taking time for ourselves. I know it seems contradictory, but, think about it, Jesus was busy...busy loving on people, healing people, teaching people, and so much more...but he also took time to rest and spend time with the Father. We can learn from him even in that!

Thank you, Lord, for a special day!

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, 12 September, 2006, Blogger Paulette said...

How funny, I thought about that time alone today when I dropped you off. I wanted you to have that for yourself today.
I hope you felt renewed today.

 
At Tuesday, 12 September, 2006, Blogger Bttrfly1976 said...

What a great day, I am a little jealous. Good point!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add Snippets to your site