Not-another-thing-to-remember: What are you doing to reach out to the lost and hurting?

Saturday, August 26, 2006

What are you doing to reach out to the lost and hurting?

Ever heard of a Protestant Prayer Rope? Probably not! Most people haven't, because it's not really something you see out there anywhere...until now! A friend of mine, who is a member of our church, began to pray that God would use her in whatever way he wanted to, and after seeking the Lord's guidance on how she could share the gospel and reach out to people this idea became a reality. I would love to share more about all the work that went into creating the material that goes with them, so if you are interested in hearing more about it, please let me know. My main reason for this blog is to share a piece of her life with you and what God is doing. I asked her if I could share this story that she shared with me a few days ago because it meant so much to me to hear her share it! God has given her a passion for the lost and a way to reach out to them and it is REAL and EVIDENT and I just love to hear testimony after testimony of what God is doing through her obedient heart. Here is what she wrote:

I gave away another prayer rope today. I was up at Whole Foods doing my grocery shopping and I was about done, headed to the checkout lines and this guy comes flying around the corner almost bumping into me and I kind of jumped. He said “Sorry, didn’t mean to startle you.” I just sort of smiled or nodded my head and went on to the check out line. Moments later, he comes along and gets in the line next to me. I’m just standing there and he is fanning himself with is hands and he smiles and says “I need some of your calmness to waft over here to me.” Well, that’s my cue. I smile, nod, and start digging though my purse trying to have a real quick conversation with God about which color to give him. I was pretty much directed to just grab the one on top. He was about to move on to unload his groceries when I pulled out the prayer rope and handed it to him and said “Here. Maybe this will help.” He was so surprised, and pleased. After he checked-out he came around to the isle where I was still unloading my groceries and gave me a hug and said that was just what he needed today. Pretty cool huh?

Thank you, friend, for seeking the Lord and asking Him to use you to reach the lost, and for giving a reason for the hope you have! I love you! :)

4 Comments:

At Sunday, 27 August, 2006, Blogger Bttrfly1976 said...

A) She is really brave. B) That was very sweet. :)

 
At Monday, 28 August, 2006, Blogger Paulette said...

I love her so much. I love her boldness for her Lord. She rocks!! And.... so do you, you are a wonderful Pastors wife, oh yes you are!!!!!

 
At Wednesday, 30 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to hear more about the prayer rope. What are they? Where do you get them? I love reading your blog!! Did I mention to you that Eddy has a blog that he journals his daily Bible reading on? http://tampabaptistchurch.blogspot.com/

 
At Thursday, 31 August, 2006, Blogger Laura said...

Kathy,

Email me your address and I will send you a prayer rope with all the info! Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you! I will check out Eddy's blog tonight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add Snippets to your site