Not-another-thing-to-remember: A new season

Friday, August 18, 2006

A new season

In just a few days my oldest son will leave for college. I can't believe it! It's one of those bitter-sweet moments in life when you want to hold on to them like they are babies and at the same time you know it's time to push them out of the nest and watch them fly on their own. We've talked about it a lot lately and I know he's excited, and fearful, and uncertain of what life will be like on his own...all the same things my husband and I feel as well.

There is this amazing new song, called Find Your Wings, that describes my prayer for him (as well as my other 3 children), and the chorus goes like this, "I pray that God will fill your heart with dreams, that faith gives you the courage to dare to do great things, I'm here for you whatever this life brings, so let my love give you roots and help you find your wings." The first verse pulls at my heart everytime I hear it, and really expresses what's on my heart. It says, "It's only for a moment you are mine to hold. The plans that heaven has for you will all too soon unfold. So many different prayers I'll pray for all that you might do, but most of all I'll want to know you're walking in the truth." Isn't that so beautiful?! It comforts me when I hear it, reminding me that God will be watching over him when he leaves home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add Snippets to your site