Not-another-thing-to-remember: Sanctity of Life

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Sanctity of Life

This was our twins 11 years and 2 months ago.
~~~~ ~~~~
I had originally typed something else here, but as I typed, the thought came to mind that today (or sometime this week) is National Sanctity of Human Life Day. When I was trying to verify the day, I came across a website that literally broke my heart. I saw pictures of aborted babies not much smaller than my twins in this picture, and I just cried. It was horrible!!!
As I looked at the photos, I cried for all those children who were taken before they even breathed their first breath, and were given the chance to make a difference in this world. I wondered how many preachers and teachers and great, godly leaders were pulled from this earth.
I don't know what else to say, except, if you are contemplating abortion, PLEASE DON'T! There are people all over the United States who want children, but for some reason or another can't have them. If you think it's no big deal, check out a couple of websites when you type in sanctity of life on google, and find someone to help you make the right decision.
...written in love
----------------------------
I added this after the original post, as a comment back to someone, then realized it might not be understood to come from me so I wanted to add it here:
My heart also aches for the women and teenagers who were deceived and told that was not a life inside of them, or who feared what would happen if they continued to carry the child so they just gave in, or were forced by their parents to abort their child because they were so young, or who just didn't know any better...AND, my heart rejoices for the women who've sought forgiveness and have found restoration in Jesus Christ, and are willing to share their story with others, in hopes that they won't make the same mistake.

2 Comments:

At Sunday, 14 January, 2007, Blogger Bttrfly1976 said...

I think often we are afraid to say such things because we are afraid to offend. I don't mean the people who come out and bash women who have made mistakes or call us murderers and such. Just people, even me, who ache for the lost child and broken mother. But I am thankful for people who do speak out. I wish, more than I could ever express, that someone had reached out, spoken up, something...when I was that frightened young woman thinking I was out of options.

And that picture is beyond precious!

 
At Sunday, 14 January, 2007, Blogger Laura said...

My heart also aches for the women and teenagers who were told that was not a life inside of them, or who feared what would happen if they continued to carry the child, or were forced by their parents to abort their child because they were so young, or who just didn't know any better...

AND, my heart rejoices for the women who've asked for forgiveness and have found restoration, and are willing to share their story with others, in hopes that they won't make the same mistake.

Thank you for sharing your story with me. You are precious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add Snippets to your site