Not-another-thing-to-remember: College is coming, mom...

Friday, April 14, 2006

College is coming, mom...

My daughter and I were talking about college yesterday and she said, "Mom, this is going to be a tough year for you with my brother (not wanting to use names) and me graduating." I'm not sure I agree -- at least I hope and pray it's not! I think it may be one of the most rewarding. Why? Because we've worked hard for this moment, to gently push them out of the nest and watch them fly! I don't doubt for a moment that they will soar like eagles! God has been gracious and they are wonderful children. They make good choices and they strive to live for Christ. I couldn't be more proud of them, and daily I thank God for giving them the strength to live for Him!
I'm sure it's not always easy, but it's definitely rewarding to grow in Christ and rejoice in the moments of being obedient to the Lord's calling. I think of the scripture where Paul says, "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young. Set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity." (James 4:12)

1 Comments:

At Sunday, 16 April, 2006, Blogger Paulette said...

Lol the comment for this one is on Special friends, I didnt want to write it again!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add Snippets to your site