Not-another-thing-to-remember: Almost Christmas

Friday, December 08, 2006

Almost Christmas

Where did November go to so quickly? I still can't believe it's December and we're nearly half way through it! A week from Sunday we'll be on our way to Colorado. Seriously, that just doesn't seem possible.

This is a very busy time at work...especially today. Man! I'm glad it's Friday and I'm now home sitting by the fire and enjoying the rest of my evening. I can't wait for my week vacation in Colorado, and then several more days off for Christmas and New Year's! My company gives us two days off for each so I only have to go to work two days the week of Christmas. Yeah!

I've been reading a really good book - Practicing His Presence - and I love it. It has inspired me to give God more of my day, more of my mind and more of my attention. I'll be sure to share more when I finish it, but for now, I'll just say it's been wonderful. I've also been reading Mere Christianity. It's a tougher read, but I like it. I hope to have them both finished before Christmas and go searching for another good book to take to Colorado. Last year I did more reading in Colorado than I normally do, and I enjoyed it. In fact, one day I sat by the fire in the lobby at check-in and read an entire book. For anyone who knows me well, that's not something I normally do!

I plan to have the same motto as last year in Colorado - go to relax and make it a vacation! With my work schedule, I decided last year it was more about going to enjoy myself and not wear myself out.

Well, I'm tired and ready to head to bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add Snippets to your site