Not-another-thing-to-remember: If I AM is sending you, there is nothing to fear

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

If I AM is sending you, there is nothing to fear

God reminded me of who He is in my life - the one who set me free from my sin, the one who challenges me to live for Him, the one who calls me to share my faith and help set others free from the slavery of sin. Do you ever get this feeling that God is asking you to do something for Him, yet, much like Moses, you question Him (or make excuses) over and over again? While reading Exodus 3, verses 12-14 jumped off the pages..."But Moses said to God, 'Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?' And God said, 'I will be with you..." Later on God says, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you."

Why do we sometimes fear what God is telling us to do? Why do we need so many confirmations to believe Him? I know in my own life there are times when I think I just need one more sign and then I'll be obedient, when it would be so much easier to just trust Him immediately! How many times have we missed the opportunity to lead someone to Christ because we were more afraid of what they would think of us, than that they are dieing and going to hell? God promises that He is with us! We have the Creator of the Universe holding our hand, and leading us to the promise land, but along the way I am certain he would have us grab everyone we can and take them with us. Don't miss that opportunity today! Remember, I AM has sent you, and will be with you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add Snippets to your site