Not-another-thing-to-remember: Reveal yourself, God!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Reveal yourself, God!

In 1 Kings 18:27, it says that Elijah began to taunt them (the prophets of Baal), "Shout louder!" he said, "Surely he is god! Perhaps he is deep in thought, or busy, or traveling. Maybe he is sleeping and must be awakened." Aren't you glad our God is always there for us? This verse caught my attention, (even though I knew what would happen later in the chapter, how God would show up and show the people that He was the one true God, and that they would see the truth), and I thought to myself, "I wonder why it took them this long to see it." Their god was always that way...never had their god ever been alive and active!

Then, in verse 36 & 37, Elijah asked God to, "Let it be known today that you are God!" and that's exactly what God did! Wouldn't you love to have been there? Are there times you pray the same thing? I know I do! There are people we come into contact with quite often who don't believe in God, who have all sorts of other gods, and we want so badly for them to trust in the one True and Living God!

Ask God, today, to reveal Himself to someone that you need to share the gospel with! And when He does, be faithful to share the hope that you have and how they can know God personally! I encourage you to read 1 King 18 & 19 and let it encourage you. It did me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add Snippets to your site