Not-another-thing-to-remember

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Today my daughter and her boyfriend are celebrating one year together...and it looks as though there will probably be many more. Today, as the celebrate having found each other, I celebrate their commitment to purity and to living a life that pleases the Lord. I pray they will be strong in their commitments, and that one day they will have a wonderful life to share together in marriage, if it's the Lord's will.
This picture was taken on a mission trip to Africa this past summer, and I can't help but wonder what the Lord has in store for them. Even if it's not God's will for them to marry...their lives have been touched by the blessing of knowing each other and being best friends. He's a wonderful guy who cares deeply for her, and does wonderful things for her, and it's a blessing for us as parents to know she's with someone who cares more about his relationship with God than anything else (which is evident) and values purity in his relationship with her.
I pray God's richest blessings on them both today.

1 Comments:

At Saturday, 09 December, 2006, Blogger Paulette said...

How sweet. I love em. Hope they have a wonderful time tonight, I have been excited because I have known for a while where he was takin her and had to be veeeeery careful. Phew now it is a relief.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add Snippets to your site